Sunday, October 5, 2008

Arrival day...

At last, after a very long day of flying - I left my house outside Seattle at 4:30am Saturday the 4th, and now it is 10pm Sunday here in Amman - we have arrived and the tour has officially begun. I am here with a group of 14 people to see the spectacular sights of Jordan, Syria and Lebanon over the next 2 weeks. I am already hearing from people in the group how friendly thay are finding the Jordanian people, even in the short time we have been here. I am sure this positive feeling will continue throughout the tour as the group expereinces more and more of the Arab hospitality.

Tomorrow we will start the day with a visit to the Desert Castles in the desert east of Amman , so hopefully when I write tomorrow I will have some photos to post with my entry. I am really looking forward to this tour and getting to know the rest of the group and to hear about their perceptions as the days go by.

This is a short post, mostly because we have only just arrived, but also because I am about to pass out from being so tired! Good night, and more tomorrow when things start to happen!

Brenda