Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lebanon at last

After continuing our journey through Syria we are finally in Lebanon. I am sorry I have not been able to write since arriving in Syria - we have seen and done so much since my last post! Palmyra was incredible, and of course Aleppo is my favorite.

Aleppo is Syria's second largest city and in the very northern part of the country. I must admit, I wish we could have stayed longer. In any case, I did run into someone I had met when I was in Aleppo 12 years ago - Aladine who runs several kiosks in the famous covered souk of Aleppo - it is his family's business. Anyway, he is quite a crazy character and does a brisk business! I chatted with him for a bit before continuing on with my own exploration of the souk, which brought back a few memories. And a few things have changed in the city, and elsewhere in Syria since my last visit.

We are now in Beirut and enjoying the sites. I am about to get cut off on my computer time so I wil lhave to finish this later! Sorry for the brevity! Back as soon as I can!

Brenda